About CardioVascular & Lung Centre
Gleneagles Hospital Kota Kinabalu CardioVascular & Lung Centre provides a comprehensive range of cardiac, lung and vascular services for patients, both adults and children.
Our team consists of competent and experienced Interventional Cardiologists, Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Pulmonologist, Cardiac Anaesthesiologist, Visiting Paediatric Cardiologist, Visiting Vascular Surgeon, Radiologist, Perfusionist and Cardiac Technicians.
We are equipped with a specialised cardiac and thoracic operating theatre, a 24-Hour cardiac catherization (angiography) suite and intensive care unit. Offering a one stop service under the same roof; diagnostic tests, imaging technology, minimally invasive procedures, diagnostic and advanced interventional pulmonology procedures; cardiac, thoracic, and vascular surgery, cardiac rehabilitation and post-surgery counselling cover the full spectrum of specialist care, we are committed to provide seamless, quality care and long-term follow-up to patients.
Services & Packages Offered
Our team of CardioVascular & Lung Centre consultants is highly trained and experienced in various surgical methods. Our comprehensive services are:
Cardiac/Heart Screening Package:
- Heart disease affects the health of many people. Fortunately, heart disease can be detected and managed early to prevent further complications. Gleneagles Hospital Kota Kinabalu offers a Heart Screening Package customized to provide comprehensive assessment of your heart. The package includes tests that can discover conditions which may not present any symptoms, allowing for earlier diagnosis and treatment.
- A special X-ray test done to find out if your coronary arteries are blocked or narrowed, where and by how much. An angiogram can help your doctor see if you need treatment such as angioplasty or stent, coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG) or medical therapy.
- Your heart’s arteries can become blocked or narrowed from a build-up of cholesterol, cells or other substances (plaque). Angioplasty opens blocked arteries and restores normal blood flow to your heart muscle. It is not a major surgery. It is done by threading a catheter (thin tube) through a small puncture in a leg or arm artery to the heart. The blocked artery is opened by inflating a tiny balloon in it.
Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG) is a heart operation. It uses blood vessels taken from another part of your body to go around or “bypass” blocked or narrowed coronary (heart) arteries. The bypass allows more blood and oxygen to flow to the heart muscle.
At the heart of everything we do
Know what your heart needs, for appointments and inquiries on our CardioVascular & Lung Centre services, contact us at:
- +6 088 518 888 (General Line)
- +6 088 518 911 (Emergency)