Insurance and Billing
A deposit based on your estimated / anticipated expenses will be collected on admission. For corporate and insurance patients, a guarantee letter acceptable by the hospital management can be given in lieu of a deposit.
During your stay in the hospital, you will be regularly updated on further deposits required, if any.
Hospital bills become due and payable at the time of discharge. You may settle your bills by cash, cheque or credit card:
- All cheques should be crossed and made payable to Pulau Pinang Clinic Sdn. Bhd.
- The hospital accepts all major credit cards
Affiliated International Health and Medical Insurance
For insurance cards, the handling procedures are:
1. Patient presents insurance card that is recognized by the hospital
2. Patient to fill up relevant insurance forms & pay RM300 or co-payment amount as applicable
3. Hospital to fax initial diagnosis of patient to insurance company
4. Insurance company to fax back to hospital Guarantee Letter or Reject Letter*
(Note *: Patient will be notified and the hospital will proceed to collect deposit directly from patient)
1. Hospital to fax bill to insurance company
2. Insurance company to fax final Guarantee Letter to hospital
3. Patient to pay charges in excess and for items not covered in payment notice, if any
If you plan to seek health and medical care at Gleneagles Hospital Penang via the coverage of your insurance policies, please contact your insurance representative to request for a valid Guarantee Letter addressed to:
Insurance Services Desk
Gleneagles Hospital Penang
1, Jalan Pangkor
10050 Penang, Malaysia
Once an initial Guarantee Letter is obtained, please fax it to us at +604-2262 994. For further assistance on requesting for a Guarantee Letter, please contact our Insurance Services Desk at +604-2229 111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org