Gleneagles Hospital medical oncology specialist centre has what it takes to provide a holistic approach in assisting and advising patients on the various aspects related to cancer care from treatment options to its side effects as well as pre- and post-treatment lifestyle changes and care. At Gleneagles Hospitals, we empathise with our patients and aim to deliver nothing short of the highest standards of medical services and care. It is our goal to ensure that every patient has a pleasant experience and strive to meet their individual needs throughout their treatment stay. Patients and their families are also given clear explanations in respect to the diagnosis of their medical problem and the available treatment options to help them make the best educated decision.
In Gleneagles, our experienced and skilled oncologist comprise of:
• Medical oncologist - Treats cancers using drugs, eg: chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy
• Clinical oncologist - Treats cancer using drugs and radiation therapy
• Surgical oncologist - Uses surgical procedure to remove tumours
• Gynecologic oncologist - Treats gynecologic cancers. Read more about gynae-oncology HERE
• Hematologist oncologist - Treats blood cancers. Read more about haemato-oncology HERE.
You may rest assured that your care is in good hands as our oncologists are at the forefront of training, bringing together advanced care practices and outstanding outcome to you.
- Gleneagles Hospitals oncology offers a comprehensive examination of patients and can be carried out in our Health Screening Centre on the Ground Floor of the Medical Suite Building.
- We also offer individualised consultations provided by a competent multi-disciplinary team of doctors, nurses, dieticians, etc.
- Each individual health programs we offer focuses on identifying risk factors for both men, women and senior citizens that may be potentially detrimental to their health.
As part of the Gleneagles Hospitals' medical team, our goal is to live up to our image as the leading healthcare provider in the region. Our centre constantly improves its facilities, standards and technology, enabling us to better serve all of our patients. Gleneagles Hospitals take pride in bringing together a team of medical experts and state-of-the-art equipment ready to serve all who come through our doors.
Various treatment options are available in Gleneagles Hospitals to manage cancer tumours. Our oncologists will prescribe the best treatment to suit you.
This might include:
• Chemotherapy treatment is used either orally or through intravenous drugs.
• Radiotherapy uses high doses of energy rays to kill cancer cells or shrink tumours. In this occasion, expect gradual hair loss and feeling lethargic.
• Surgical process to remove the tumour as a whole or in small masses can be done depending on the size and location in the brain.
• Targeted drug therapy includes drugs that target specifically abnormal tumour growth.