Dietetics & Food Service Department
The Dietetic & Food Service Department plays an important role in serving our patients at Gleneagles Hospital Penang. The department provides two main services - Dietetic Service and Food & Beverage Service.
Our qualified Clinical Dietitians provides Medical Nutrition Therapy for both adult and paediatric patients.
We provide the following services:
- Creating an individualized meal plan for you without compromising taste and nutrition while managing your medical condition
- Weight management - we help you lose or gain weight in a safe and sensible way
- Providing nutritional support such as enteral nutrition, parenteral nutrition, and oral nutrition supplementation
- Managing your food allergies or intolerances
- Providing instructions to help you adhere to dietary changes for surgery
- Providing education on healthy eating for all ages:
- Weaning diet for infants at 6 months
- Children with specialized nutritional requirements, picky eating, stunted growth etc.
- Healthy nutrition during pregnancy, trying to get pregnant or a new mothers
- Healthy nutrition for adults to improve current eating habits
- Advancing in age and want to age healthily
Beyond Our Service
Dietitians frequently conduct talks, workshops and seminars to educate the public on nutrition and health.
For more information, kindly contact +604- 222 9207 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Food and Beverage Services
Food and nutrition are an integral part of medical treatment. Eating a balanced and nutritious diet is important to aid recovery. Our food service team provides a variety of quality in-patient meals according to each patient’s nutritional requirement.
Our dietitians and food service team work closely to develop meals that cater to our patients’ dietary restrictions and medical conditions, as well as their religious and cultural needs.
Our in-house kitchen is located in the hospital building. It is open from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm every day. We prepare meals using the centralized food service system, which allows us to closely supervise and maintain high food quality and safety for our patients. Our aim is to provide nutritious meals without compromising taste and quality.
All meals are served to our patients at the schedule below:
|Breakfast||8:00 am – 9:00 am|
|Lunch||12:00 pm – 1:00 pm|
|Tea Time||2:45 pm – 3:30 pm|
|Dinner||5:45 pm – 6:45 pm|
|Night Drink||8:00 pm onwards|
|Location||Dietetic Office (1st floor)|
|Consultation Hours||Monday to Friday : 9am – 5pm
Saturday : 9am – 1pm
|Telephone No.||+ 604-222 9234
+ 604-222 9345 / 9137
Patients at Gleneagles Hospital Penang may request for dietetic services, or your doctor may make a referral to address a specific health need or condition.
We also accept referrals for non-Gleneagles Hospital Penang patients. Do bring along a referral letter from your doctor with accompanying laboratory results.
- 24-Hour Emergency Department (inclusive of ambulance service)
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Cardiac Diagnostic Unit
- Daily Night Paediatric Clinics
- Delivery Suites & Nursery
- Dietetics & Food Service Department
- ESWL / Stone Treatment Centre
- Haematology & Oncology Treatment Unit
- Haemodialysis Centre
- Health Screening Centre
- Intensive Care Unit / Coronary Care Unit
- International Patients’ Centre
- Laboratory (including blood bank services)
- Maternity Service
- Medical Report Office
- Operating Theatres (including two digital operating theatres)
- Patient Rooms
- Rehabilitation Centre