Patient Care Assistant
- To provide quality basic care in accordance with hospital policies and procedures under the direction of a professional nurse such as:
- Responsible for tidying patient’s room.
- Assist the professional nursing staff in providing total personal hygiene as in the care of hair, care of nails and oral hygiene.
- Assist in lifting and turning patients in bed or bed to chair or bed to trolley.
- Assist patients in and out of bed, to a wheel chair and to the toilet. He/ she must know the correct body mechanics.
- Give and remove bed-pans and urinals and toilet rounds.
- Make bed-occupied, unoccupied and prepare post-anesthetic beds.
- Assist in serving meals, feeding of patients, remove the trays and in helping patients complete the meal menus, give extra nourishment as ordered and fresh water as requested by patient.
- Attend to patients’ call bell and to determine their needs.
- To clean used instruments and equipment and store them in the designated place
- To transport patients to other departments for tests and investigations.
- To ensure that the room is ready for any new admission.
- To report any faulty equipment or instruments to the registered nurse.
- To adhere to hospital policy concerning infection control.
- To assist the nursing team by collecting and sending items and equipment to and from ancillary departments.
- To undertake any other duties, responsibilities and assignments which may be delegated to you from time to time in an efficient and responsible manner.
- Minimum SPM or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience in related field from hospital setting
- Able to interact with customer, employees and third parties
- Able to communicate in English
- Honest with pleasant personality
- Computer literate
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Willing to work on shift
- Willing to be deployed
Gleneagles Hospital Kota Kinabalu
Select a hospital