There are certain treatment options that are offered for BPH. Your doctor will provide a detailed assessment to give the best treatment that is suitable for you depending on the severity of your condition. These treatment care might include:
- Drugs to aid in relaxing the prostate to minimize the obstruction of the bladder opening
- Drugs to relax the prostate to minimize the obstruction of the bladder opening
- Drugs to help stop the production of the male hormone (DHT) that is involved in prostate enlargement.
- Laser vaporisation for individuals with smaller prostate gland so it can get rid of the enlarged prostate tissues.
- Surgical treatment to get rid of the enlarged sections of the prostate that are putting pressure against the urethra.
- Open surgery is performed when the prostate is too large
- Transurethral incision of the prostate
- Transurethral resection of the prostate
- Watchful waiting if your symptoms are mild