Here at Gleneagles Hospital, we offer treatments for Arthritis that include:
- Exercise, in order to keep up with muscle strength and ligaments to stabilise your joints.
- Medicines such as Disease-Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs to reduce pain, swelling and stiffness in Osteoarthritis.
- Steroids can sometimes be injected directly into a joint so that it can alleviate pain and swelling.
- Physiotherapy to exercise the joints in order to stabilize it
- Surgery to correct deformity in joints or new replacement for severely damaged joint