Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery
075601000 ext 3027
701, Level 7, Specialist Clinics Complex
M.B.Ch. B. (Baghdad), MS(Orth) (UM), Clinical Attachment in Hand and Microsurgery Unit for 7 months, Advanced Orthopaedic Trauma consultant. UMMC
• Close reduction of fractures and dislocations
• Application of skin and skeletal traction – Steinman pin insertion; cervical tongs and skull traction; halo cervical application; application of POP and other casts.
• Open reduction and internal fixation of fractures of long bones / fractures involving joints
• External fixation or fractures of long bones
• Wound debridement and fixation of open fractures
• Fasciotomy; amputation of mangled limbs; soft tissue reconstruction
• Basic hand and foot trauma surgery
• Pelvic fracture stabilization and fixation – external and internal fixation; clamp stabilization
• Skin harvesting and grafting; bone harvesting and grafting
• Simple local flap surgery to cover defects
• Basic nerve and vascular trauma surgery
• Incision and drainage of abscess / sequestrectomy of osteomyelitic bones
• Soft tissue release / reconstruction in congenital deformities
• Arthrodesis of joints
• Soft tissue procedures and reconstruction; nerve decompression; tendon surgery
• Joint surgery – Arthrotomy, diagnostic & therapeutic arthroscopy; joint aspiration; core decompression for osteonecrosis
• Basic osteotomy procedures, pinning for SUFE
• Basic bone lengthening & shortening procedures
• Primary Arthroplasty
• Arthroscopy Surgery – menisectomy, removal of loose bodies, debridement of knee, open ACL repair, menisci repair, diagnostic shoulder arthroscopy.
Following this, Dr Suhaeb joined University of Malaya Medical Centre in October 2012 as a clinical specialist leading the yellow orthopaedic trauma team and starting his subspecialty training in advance orthopaedic trauma managing all orthopaedic-trauma conditions ranging from primary to tertiary referral.
In October 2014, he joined University of Malaya as a medical lecture for three years during which he guided master students orthopaedic-trauma training and was the representative for conjoint board of orthopaedic committee since November 2015. His passion for clinical works continued and his skill emerged to be one of the main orthopaedic-trauma surgeon at University Malaya Medical Centre and Specialist Centre managing more than 2000 patients a year as UMMC considered one of the major tertiary referral centre. With all his busy schedules, he was able to publish few papers during his last three years.
DR Suhaeb have a special interest in complex trauma condition including road traffic accident and fall from height. Also, he had work with hand and micro-constructive surgery team managing all hand trauma and he was in charge of arterio-venous fistula creation for patient with end-stage renal failure helping them to get easier access for haemodialysis. His interest and passion directed him to start a new era of Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) especially for elderly patients.
General line/ Appointment
Ambulance / Emergency
(Enquiries and Appointments)
KKLIU 0566/2021Copyright ©2021 Gleneagles. All Rights Reserved.