Registered Nurse with Post Basic
Duties & Responsibilities
- To apply an integration of nursing theory, clinical and evidence based practices in providing holistic care for patients and their families, visitors. To conduct a thorough nursing assessment of patient’s physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs. To formulate, implement and document a holistic plan of nursing care that is communicated and clarified with the patient / family. To prioritize and organize diagnostic tests and procedures. To demonstrate “hands on” clinical skills specific to his/her area of practice. To ensure all patients are treated as individuals, irrespective of color or creed. Displays sensitivity to individuals’ religious and cultural practices. To evaluate patient responses to interventions in order to determine progress toward achieving expected outcomes and modify the nursing plan of care accordingly. To provide a comprehensive report when transferring accountability of a patient’s care to another nurse and / or facility. To document patient history, physical examination data, nursing care plan and interventions and the patient’s responses in the medical record in a timely manner in accordance with nursing standard operating procedures (SOP). To be accountable for own professional actions. To follow established protocols in emergency situations. To adhere to Hospital Policy concerning infection control.
- The incumbent is responsible for assisting the Pharmacy Manager, Assistant Pharmacy Manager, Outpatient Pharmacy Manager and Senior Pharmacist(s) in the daily management of the Pharmacy Department in ensuring efficient and effective operations as well as cost-effective utilization of drugs for the hospital.
- Degree/ Diploma in Nursing and must be registered with the Malaysian Nursing Board
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the hospital setting or similar setting
Other Additional Requirement(s)
- To obtain a valid Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) and BLS within 6 months of employment
- Post basic certification/Advanced diploma in related discipline (preferable).
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Must maintain confidentialityo Able to work with all levels of staff
- Computer literate
- Willing to be deployed